Scott Stik, is a patented system for applying pressure sensitive adhesive to fiberglass insulation. The Scott Stik system features universal coverage of the adhesive, which will insure adhesion, particularly at cutouts, and near product edges.
Scott Stik, pressure sensitive adhesive backed fiberglass, offers an alternative to the conventional methods. This provides ease of installation with less effort. Just peel off the protective liner; apply the insulation and press firmly into place. No more liquid adhesives, messy paint brushes, buckets, drums and/or hot melt equipment.
The development of Scott Stik is the result of Scott’s 60 plus years of experience. From concept to completion, we are dedicated to serving our customers and creating the best quality products that will suit your needs. At Scott, we attribute our market success to the principles and values of professionalism, stability, and experience – offering you the best products and services in the industry.
For samples or technical information contact a sales representative or customer service at 1-800-951-9276.
- Available in a wide range of fabricated products
- Easy “peel and stick” Pressure Sensitive Adhesives (PSA)
- Available in die-cut or roll form
- Universal coverage of adhesive
- No messy brushes, buckets or hot melt equipment
- Environmentally friendly
Scott Stik™ Specifications:
- UL Recognized: Recognized Component Status
- Operating Temperature: 200 ºF
- Intermittent Temperature: 250 ºF
- Peel strength oz./in. under ASTM D-3330: 70
- Fiberglass Performance Data: See manufacturer’s Product data sheet for
the particular type of insulation
- Adhesive Shelf Life: 6 Months at optimum conditions (60-80ºF)
- Clean surface – free of excess dirt, oil, and moisture.
- Once the release liner backing is removed, care should be taken to carefully line up the insulation to the area it is to be applied. Once applied Scott Stik will bond instantly to the surface and may be difficult or impossible to remove without severe
damage to the insulation
- Apply firm and even pressure over the entire surface to ensure good contact of the adhesive to the surface.
- In addition to the pressure sensitive adhesive, mechanical attachment of the insulation to the surface is recommended.
Limited Warranty; with Disclaimer
Seller warrants that its products are in accordance with these specifications; however, the products may vary in detail of design and construction from description in any literature or from any sample, display, or model inspected by the Buyer. SELLER DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER REPRESENTATION AND WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW. THERE IS NO IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, NO IMPLIED WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NO IMPLED WARRANT WHICH EXTENDS BEYOND THE DESCRIPTION OF SAID PRODUCT.
To assert a claim under this limited warranty, Buyer must give written notice, received by the Seller at the office of its President in Henderson, Kentucky no later than: (1) ten days from delivery of goods if the goods are visibly damaged or defective; (2) within thirty days after the breach is discovered or should have been discovered, but (3) but in no event longer than four months after product shipment, If product return is authorized due to breach of this limited warranty, Seller will reimburse Buyer reasonable commercial charges for product return. No employee of the Seller is authorized to waive this disclaimer. Any modifications of the disclaimer must be obtained in writing for the President of Scott Manufacturing.
Limitations of Remedy and Damages
SELLER’S OBLIGATION AND BUYER’S EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES FOR BREACH OF THE LIMITED WARRANTY SET FORTH ABOVE ARE, AT SELLER’S OPTION, REPAIR, REPLACEMENT OF A LIKE QUALITY OF NONDEFECTIVE PRODUCT OR REFUND OF THE PURCHASE PRICE.SELLER SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY NONSEQUENTIAL, SPCIAL, PUNITIVE INCIDENTIAL, CONTINGENT OR STATUTORY DAMAGES INCLUDING LOST PROFITS IF IT FAILS TO PERFORM ITS OBLIGATIONS UNDER THIS AGREEMENT WHETHER LIABILITY IS BASED ON BREACH OF WARRANTY, STRICT LIABILITY, NEGLIGENCE, TORT OR OTHER LEGAL
THEORY. IFTHE REPAIR, REPLACEMENT OR REFUND REMEDIES FAIL OF THE ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF THIS CONTRACT, NO CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES SHALL BE RECOVERED AS A RESULT OF THIS CONTRACT.